What does Vopeka measure?
Vopeka evaluates the use of information and communication technology (ICT) and digital resources by the early childhood education and preschool staff, the pedagogical ICT environment as well as the operating culture from different perspectives:
- Organisational culture
- Digital learning environment
- Pedagogical activities
- Pedagogical documentation
Vopeka's content has been developed in collaboration with early childhood education professionals from six municipalities and the TRIM research center at the Tampere university. Should you wish to familiarize yourself with Vopeka's content in detail, you can do so by going through Vopeka's list of questions.
For the organizers of early childhood education and pre-primary education, Vopeka offers:
- Up-to-date reports on the digital skills of the municipality's early childhood education and preschool staff.
- Structured information useful for the development of municipality's digital work.
- Annual monitoring of digital development.
- Possibility to search for various types of reports.
The director's Vopeka
With the help of Vopeka, the unit receives:
- Simple reports about the needs of the early childhood education unit.
- A general picture of the unit's staff's digital readiness.
- Information about the unit's development and training needs.
- Help in developing the pedagogical use of digital technology, learning environments and operational culture.
- Comparative information at the municipal and national level.
- An annual assessment of the implementation of digital pedagogy as per the early childhood education plan and the pre-school curriculum.
- Opening channels for discussion regarding the development of digital technology.
For early childhood education and preschool staff, the system provides:
- A compiled report about personal competency as well as your units digital operating environment.
- The opportunity to systematically develop one's own pedagogical use of ICT.
- A channel to influence the unit's and municipality's early childhood education operating culture.
- Comparative information on the early childhood education staff's use of digital technology and learning environments.